If meal planning is such a chore, then we’ll make it fun and light with free and best Notion meal planner templates. You can now manage your meals without compromising your nutrition with these nifty templates.
Take a look at some of the best Notion meal planner templates that you don’t have to shell out a single dime for.
Table of Contents
The 10 Free and Best Notion Meal Planner Templates 2023
1. Meal Planner Template by Hugh Dawkins
Planning meals for a week can be cumbersome if you do it manually. But with Hugh Dawkins’ Meal Planner Template, you won’t have to flip through pages of recipes, ingredients, and grocery lists.
With three separate dashboards, it’s easier to check the recipe of a certain food and track the availability of ingredients. And even with out-of-stock ingredients, you only have to untick the checkbox to populate the grocery list.
- Simple meal planner template design
- Comes with individual dashboards dedicated to recipes, ingredients, and groceries
- Recipes for this week toggle menu block for a detailed explanation of how to use the dashboard; can be deleted
- Recipe board gallery shows the images of the food, what meal category they belong to, and the link to the recipe itself
- All Ingredients gallery dashboard shows the ingredients needed for the various meal recipes you’re planning
- Out-of-stock items in the “All Ingredients” dashboard are automatically added to the “Shopping List” dashboard
- Shopping List toggle menu block for detailed instructions about how to use the dashboard; can be deleted
- Shopping List dashboard automatically populated from the “All Ingredients” page based on the items that are not ticked off
2. Cookbook and Meal Planning Template
If you have a busy schedule and you want to plan your meals weekly, then the Cookbook and Meal Planning template is for you. It has three separate dashboards for the planning itself, your weekly dashboard, and the recipes bank.
You only have to fill these three dashboards up to maximize the use of this free Notion meal planner template.
- Straightforward design for a meal planner template
- Main dashboard features three linked databases — “Planning,” “Weekly Dashboard,” and “Recipes”
- Planning page for creating the upcoming week’s menu; you can view old recipes, filter the recipes by ingredient, and peek at the recipes in gallery view
- Menu database shows the menu you have planned for the upcoming week
- Upcoming ingredients/shopping list shows all the ingredients to create the meals for the weekly menu made
- Ingredients linked database shows all the recipes you can create from the ingredients listed
- Weekly dashboard database lists the meals you have planned for the next week
- Recipes dashboard shows the next week’s weekly menu and the ingredients needed; can be exported as a PDF and printed to be posted in your kitchen
- Recipes dashboard shows all the recipes categorized using Notion tags with their ingredients; can also be viewed as a photo gallery to visualize each recipe
3. Meal Planning
If you’re a complete newbie with meal preparation, the Meal Planning Template is what you need.
From a list of the groceries you’ll need to meal planning and food storage tips, you won’t mess up with your planned meals for the upcoming week.
- Comprehensive meal planning template
- Instructions block explains how to use the Meal Planning template; comes with a YouTube video for further explanation
- Groceries Needed block lists the ingredients needed for the meals; the “Master” database is used for selecting the items needed
- Meal Planning Tips block shows how to prepare meals, both structured and unstructured
- Storage Tips database shows the various ways of storing fruits and vegetables; it comes with “Fruit” only and “Vegetable” only views
- Weekly Meal Plan shows in board and table views your meal plans; comes with the prep list, the recipes for each meal of the day, and the ingredients you’ll need
- “Selected” view of the “Weekly Meal Plan” database shows the meals you’ve selected for the week
- “This Week” view shows the meal plans you have selected and the ingredients you’ll need
- Recipes gallery shows the recipe cards with images; and opens to a center peek page complete with the ingredients and preparation instructions; can be categorized into “Faves,” “Breakfast,” “Lunch,” “Entrees,” “Vegan,” “Sauces + Dressings,” “Dessert,” “Meal Planning,” and “Table”
- “Table” view of the “Recipes” database summarizes the meal prep details of each food
4. Kitchen Manager Dashboard
Another beginner-friendly free meal planner template in Notion is the Kitchen Manager Dashboard. Aside from the meal planner board, you’ll easily convert any units used with the built-in unit converter.
You’ll also have access to different dashboards — Kitchen Backend, Recipes, Groceries, Recipes to Add, Cooking Tips, and Shopping List.
- Minimalist meal planner template design
- This Week’s Meals board shows the meals you have planned for every day of the upcoming week in board view
- Unit converter to convert metric to household units of measurement and vice versa
- Recipes dashboard shows all the recipes; each gallery card opens to the page with the full details of the recipe
- Groceries database shows all the ingredients needed as an inventory list; comes with checkboxes that you can tick when you need that item
- Recipes to Add page for easy adding of recipes you researched from the internet using Notion’s web extension
- Cooking Tips database shows all the cooking tips for the proper preparation of meals; categorized based on the meal prep needed
- Shopping List shows all the items you need to buy; populated from the items you checked from the “Grocery Table” database
5. Food Prep
Now if you want a free Notion meal planner template that works as a dashboard template too, the Food Prep template is what you should use.
Not only can you create your weekly meal plan, but also organize your grocery list along with the prices per item.
You can switch database views to filter only those grocery items with a checked box to calculate how much you’re spending.
- All-in-one meal planner template
- Groceries section can be switched between list and gallery views to see your “Weekly Groceries” and “Costco (Monthly and Quarterly Items)” pages
- Weekly Groceries page lists the ingredients you’ll need for each recipe you’ll cook
- Costco (Monthly and Quarterly Items) categorizes the grocery items you’ll buy in Costco according to “Cooking,” “Pantry,” “Snacks,” and “Supplies”
- Meal Plan database for easy adding of recipe plans for each day of the week
- Recipes section can be switched between gallery and list view of the recipes you have saved
- Food Database shows all the information related to each ingredient (price, frequency of usage, specific brands preferred, and how much of each item is needed)
- Grocery list tab of the “Food Database” shows all the grocery items you need to buy and how much it’ll cost you
- Meal list tab of the “Food Database” summarizes information for each grocery item; comes with checkboxes for easy checking of items needed to be bought, automatically populating the “Grocery list”
6. Meal Planner and Macro Tracker
Matthew’s Meal Planner and Macro Tracker is the best free Notion meal planner for those who are calorie-conscious. This will help you plan your meals without exceeding the calorie intake recommended.
Plus, you get a water and coffee intake tracker to track your hydration status as well.
- Efficient and customizable meal planner template
- Free 18 Macro friendly meals with recipes
- Welcome Message and Instructions block to explain in detail how to use the template
- Notes section for quickly adding reminders for the day
- Daily Goals database for setting your calorie and Macro goals, including water intake
- Quick Actions section for the swift recording of new notes and tracking of water and coffee intake; answers recorded in the “Backend” section
- Daily Tracker for tracking of meals, water, and coffee intake daily
- Meal Gallery for storing the details of your favorite meals and drinks, macros counting included
- Monthly Overview to track your adherence to your Macro goals; shows your monthly progress; can be switched to weekly view
- Grocery List for listing needed grocery items; comes with an archived section
- Notes show all the notes you wrote in the “Notes” section
7. Meal Planner Template by Andie.Nanney
Planning meals can be costly if you keep on buying ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
To avoid wastage and save money, Anie Nanney has designed the Meal Planner to easily track the expiry dates of the items in your pantry.
- Aesthetic and straightforward template design
- Quotes section to remind us about the importance of every small aspect of our lives, including nutrition and meal preparation
- Meal Schedule board shows the meals planned for each day of the week
- Ingredients database shows the items in your pantry; shows the amount, days til expiration, what recipes these items are used for, and their expiry dates
- Grocery List database shows all the items you need to buy
- Expiring Soon database shows how many days are left until each item in your pantry expires
- Recipe book in gallery view shows the recipes you have saved; each card opens to a center peek page where the recipe link is found, the ingredients are listed, and how the recipe is prepared
8. Simple Food Diary
If you’re the type of person who wants to have a rough grasp of the food you’re eating, the Simple Food Diary template is what you should use.
Think of it like a diary where you’ll take note of the food you ate, where you ate it, and how you felt after eating it. From the data gathered, you can then decide how you want to move forward with your diet.
- Simple board view template
- Food Diary database in board view shows the food you’re eating every day of the week featured; each card opens to a side peek page
- Food diary side peek page contains the tags for the day of the week, including the time stamp of when the food was taken
- Food source entry for adding where (home or restaurant) the food came from
- Comments section for adding relevant comments and feelings after eating the food
- Meal tags to tell when that particular food was eaten
9. Food Planner by Patrick Loonstra
Patrick Loonstra has created a series of family-oriented Notion templates, including the Food Planner template.
This aims to make the meal planning process more seamless and involve as many family members as possible.
It helps everyone keep track of the upcoming meals, including the recipes and the shopping list when supplies go down.
- Simple and easily customizable template with all the basic meal planning features added
- Instructions block explains in detail how to use the Food Planner Template
- Upcoming week database shows the next meals for the day in board format
- Shopping List database shows all the ingredients needed for the meals; comes with checkboxes for ticking items you need to buy
- Shopping List (stand-alone) linked database categorizes the ingredients list according to where they can be bought
- Recipes database shows in board, list, and gallery views your favorite recipes; each entry opens to a side peek page where the full list of ingredients and the steps of the recipe are explained
- Planning section shows in calendar view the upcoming meals for the week; populated by dragging the recipes added to the calendar
- Ingredients database shows ingredients in stock, where they can be bought, and for what recipe they are used; can be switched to “To buy (sorter per shop)” and “List” views
10. Meal Planner by Sara Hauser
Sara Hauser’s Meal Planner is best used by individuals who want to streamline the process of meal preparation without sacrificing personalization.
You can easily add recipes based on your personal health goals, preferences, and calorie counting. Plus, you can generate a grocery list with the checkboxes added to the ingredients list.
- Aesthetic and functional meal planner template design
- Main Dashboard shows the “Quick Links” section, “To Do List,” and a monthly view calendar
- To-Do List section shows the top-of-mind tasks you need to do for the meal preparation process
- Month View calendar to see at a glance the meals you planned for the month
- Weekly View page presents in board view the recipes for the week; each gallery card opens to a side peek where a table of ingredients, instructions, and a “Nutrition Information” image can be seen
- Grocery List page for viewing out-of-stock ingredients with the “Grocery List” tag from their respective recipe cards
- Cookbook page shows all the recipes and their cards for easy reference of the ingredients list and instructions; can be categorized according to the mealtimes they’re served
- Ingredients page shows all the ingredients needed for each recipe; with checkboxes for ticking off purchased items
Make your dining experience stress-free with the help of Notion’s free and best meal planner templates. With the easy customization options, these templates help anyone have a breeze in the kitchen.
Upgrade your meal planning with Notion’s meal planner templates and savor its benefits!